Designing a disaster recovery gadget calls for making plans and attention of the
to be had options so one can exceptional suit your organisation’s wishes, SLA and finances.
This manual will help you layout an Exchange Disaster Recovery plan in conjunction with
The guide assumes which you have simple information of SANRAD V-Switch and Exchange
Note: It is suggested to study Microsoft’s Exchange Server backup 2003 Disaster
Recovery Planning Guide available from
Exchange Disaster Recovery Planning
This section discusses each popular and Exchange precise concerns that want to
be addressed while designing a catastrophe recuperation solution combining SANRAD
replication and Microsoft Exchange Server.
SANRAD replication solution permits for flexibility with Exchange Disaster Recovery layout.
The most influential factors affecting design consideration are:
• Budget boundaries
• Recovery Time Objective (RTO) requirements (the time until the facts is returned on-line)
• Recovery Point Objective (RPO) requirements (the amount of records that can be lost)
• Network bandwidth among the local web page and far off website
• Replication method: Synchronous versus Asynchronous
• Replication frequency (best for Asynchronous replication)
• Initial extent synchronization
RTO (Recovery Time Objective)
• With excessive stage RTO, duplicate hardware is required to allow quick restoration making
the solution extra steeply-priced.
RPO (Recovery Point Objective)
RPO necessities are best described by the quantity of information that the company is willing to
• High level RPO calls for more bandwidth for each Synchronous and Asynchronous
• Low stage RPO calls for less common replication and will increase the chance of dropping